Straight From the Pits of Dwell

Let the words of Christ dwell in you richly...Colossians 3:16

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Tribute to the Greatest Man of the Greatest Generation


To my Grandad Evans: I celebrated your reunion with Grammy the second I heard you had passed away this morning. She has been waiting for 5 years to see your face again and I can only imagine the joy, laughter and tears the two of you had when you hugged her in your arms. I can just picture it! Your laugh still rings in my mind as I type this - it is SO YOU! We can all hear your voice telling us "Now kids, stop your cryin and don't make a fuss over me. Oh, and don't make too much food either, cause it will just go to waste." "Now don't change your plans for me, you kids have your own lives too". But you know what Grandad? You are our lives. You mean everything to us. Even though we are far away, there is not a day that goes by that we don't think of you and wonder what kind of trouble you've been causing that day in Turon. What kind of bad jokes you've been telling at the coffee shop. If you're getting along ok. I hope you know how much of an example you have been in my life personally. I will never see the color purple without thinking about you and your love for those K-State Wildcats. Even when they're playing OSU, there is still a part of me that roots for them just to see you smile. ;-) Thank you for instilling in me the love for sports. Take a look down your family tree and it is obvious that you may have had some influence there, don't ya think? We are all nuts! In a good, healthy way of course. ha!

You are loved, you will be missed, and I thank you so much for the things you have taught me - even when you thought I wasn't looking. Watch over me Grandad...

I took this picture on my way up to see you for what was not knowingly the last time. I will think of you everytime I see a beautiful sunset from now on. I wish so much I could hug your neck again...

4 comments:

Matt and Deachi said...

I am so sorry for your loss! My thoughts are with you!

Milk Maker said...

That is so beautiful, Jodi. Thanks for sharing. I'm so sorry for your loss...Grandparents are such a special part of our lives!

Trisha said...

Oh my. What a sweet tribute. Sounds like you are one bleesed girl to have such a great man in your life.

Hollie said...

Tears!!!! So sweet, he is just loving that post. Thinking of you and your family.