Straight From the Pits of Dwell

Let the words of Christ dwell in you richly...Colossians 3:16

Thursday, May 28, 2009

WOW. The whole "ask and you shall receive" thing apparently really works. If you read my last post, you know I had shared my desires about a stranger complimenting my precious, perfect, well-behaved children. har har. Weird, I know. WELL...it actually happened! It wasn't at a restaurant, it was on a bus, but hey - beggars can't be choosers, right? We were sitting on a bus on our way to one of the theme parks at Disney World, and for about 15 minutes I had been discretely staring at this really well put together lady who appeared to be in her late 50's that was sitting across from me. She was dressed very preppy with perfect creases in her nicely ironed khaki shorts, had red toenail polish, a french manicure and super cute hair. Yeah, I'm shallow. I totally notice those things. ;-) Anyhoo, after sitting there with the kids for the entire time without a fight breaking out between the two of them, she looked over at us and said "You have the most well behaved children!" I couldn't believe it! Seriously y'all...I have been waiting for that moment for 5 years and I blogged about it before we left and it happened! Coincidence, or are you with me and think God just has a really witty sense of humor? Uh-huh. He likes to see us smile and know it was Him all along.

All that to say, I have to tell you they were really well behaved on that bus trip but I'm pretty sure it was because we were on day 5 and they were completely worn out! Hey - whatever works. I'll take it.

1 comment:

The Milfords said...

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Oh and I would have been staring at that lady too. Really? Creased shorts at Disney World? Wow. Impressive.