Straight From the Pits of Dwell

Let the words of Christ dwell in you richly...Colossians 3:16

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oh how I long for the day...

There is this one moment in my life that I can still recall from my childhood. Actually, there is more than one, but this one is very vivid. I was in Colorado with Mom, Dad and Benji and I'm not sure how hold we were, but we were pretty young. I bet Benji was 5, which would have made me 9. We were sitting in a restaurant and out of nowhere a man walks over to our table and tells mom and dad that he has been watching our family and just wanted to tell them what well-mannered kids we were and what a nice family we had. I can still remember how genuinely kind he was. And how proud my parents were when he came over.

So that is my new goal in life. Someday I want a stranger to come over to our table at a restaurant and compliment us on what well-mannered children we have. Lofty life goal, I know. Ok...you can stop laughing now. ;-) Apparently, this happened with my own children one time when I was not present (they were with Mimi & Grandad) so that totally doesn't count. My kids turn into angels when they go visit the Grandparents! At least I know they have it in them....sweet little souls!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

AMAN!!!!! I want to be there too. I only have Rachel, but she gets to be a mess when we have been somewere too long!!

McGregor Family said...

Ha ha.. I love it... Yes, I know. It has happend to me a couple of times in church but not in a resturant.... Good luck..

Marla said...

But you see, they can do no wrong when they are with grandparents! So you are right... totally doesn't count!

Traca said...

Does it count if one of us has your kids and we get the same response!?!