Straight From the Pits of Dwell

Let the words of Christ dwell in you richly...Colossians 3:16

Friday, March 27, 2009

You get what you pay for...

Ok, so yesterday we were at Walmart making our weekly grocery run and I decided to be 'Nice Mom' and let the kids get a treat. They chose kites. I was trying to keep the grocery bill down, so I encouraged them to pick the $1 kites instead of the $5 kites. Apparently in this case you get what you pay for. Check out the big blob of a mess the string from the two kites made when they collided. Seriously, I don't even know how that happened. One minute I was running down our street with all the grace and elegance of a ballroom dancer in an effort to launch Reese's kite, and the next thing I know Mason crosses my path and all heck breaks loose as the kites start spinning out of control - twisting, turning, all the while tangling into a giant knot. I'm not exaggerating, that's really what happened! It was all in less than like 10 seconds or something. Anyway, just don't buy the $1 kites unless you can space your children far, far away from each other.

Just the right amount of wind
2 cheapo Kites
2 overly excited kids


SO NOT PRICELESS


2 comments:

Trisha said...

Seriously, "You get what you pay for" is my life motto! :)

MyBestKite Guy said...

Mathematically, it's easy to space our children far apart since there is only one of them ;-)

Its hard to go past the small simple Diamond kite with a long tail, for small kids. Just sooo reliable, as long as they stay in one piece!

Braided kite line from kite shops is best for avoiding tangles. We've had our share of infuriating tangles, in all sorts of situations...