Straight From the Pits of Dwell

Let the words of Christ dwell in you richly...Colossians 3:16

Monday, March 2, 2009

Some things are just meant to be...



Do you know the story of how Jeff & I met? It was in mid-October 1996. I was living at the coolest apartment complex in Stillwater - Maple 400. Good times, good times. I had met a girl named Karly in one of my classes at OSU who continued to pester me to come to dinner at her house so she could introduce me to one of her husband's new friends who was single and lookin'. Apparently the dude was from New York and a really nice guy according to her. I really wasn't in the mood for dating...I had been out with a couple different guys in Stillwater and for sure wasn't interested in settling down! I was having way too much fun! So fast forward a few weeks...

...I'm sitting on the living room floor of my apartment studying for Nutrition (maybe that's why I had to take that class over...I should have been at the libary) and my good friend runs into the room saying "Jodi! You HAVE to come outside to see this adorable little puppy!" Remember that, Deachi? ;-) So being the complete animal lover that I am, I ditched the Nutrition book and skipped outside to see what all the fuss was about. I spotted the puppy first and totally didn't even notice the guy walking him. I ooooohed and aaaaaahed over the puppy for a bit before I looked up to speak to the dog walker, and I will never forget the look on his face. About that time the dog walker said, "Do you know Karly?" Holy MOLY! It's THE GUY! The guy she's been trying to hook me up with for weeks! What the? Oh my gosh, what am I wearing? Do I have any makeup on? What the? Ok...collect yourself, Jodi. "Oh, hi". "Yeah...I know Karly. Are you JEFF?". And the rest is history. That was a Tuesday afternoon and we went out that Thursday night and never looked back. This picture was taken at Lance & Karly's house on our 2nd date. Don't we look like kids??? It cracks me up. And in case you haven't guessed already, the little dog he was walking was our very own Rocky!

Anyway, we're celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary tomorrow, March 3rd. I'm so glad God sent you to me, Jeff! I know it was divine intervention that brought us together and I'm thankful every day. And by the way, you WERE stalking me, weren't you? Uh huh...thought so. I love you!

6 comments:

Trisha said...

What a sweet story. It's fun to learn how the story began... and Rocky was in it from the very start! So cute!

Rachel said...

So cute! I love it...and the picture of you guys as "youngsters"!

Matt and Deachi said...

I so remember that!! Little Rocky was so cute!! Congratulations on your anniversary!!!

dawn said...

so rocky was jeff's first? i had no idea! someone obviously had different plans for you!

happy anniversary.

Milk Maker said...

what a great story!

McGregor Family said...

I love this story!! I love good love stories!! Yes, you two are meant to be together. I love the picture... Awesome!!!! I am going to steal your idea on May 4th for our anniversary. We have a great one...... Happy Anniversary!!!!