Straight From the Pits of Dwell

Let the words of Christ dwell in you richly...Colossians 3:16

Friday, November 14, 2008

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...very rarely will I sit down at my computer and have the time (or peace and quiet for that matter) to post not one, not two, but THREE blog posts in one evening! I have been sitting here in my computer chair for the last 2 hours listening to the Stephenville vs. Ft Worth Dunbar first round playoff football game. Our family has only missed a couple games this year, but it was just too cold and windy to take the kids tonight, so Jeff headed over by himself.

Anyway...it was the first season for our friend Joseph to be head coach and not only did he make it to the playoffs, but he led his team to win their first post-season game! We're so proud! I cannot tell you how happy my heart is right now. Without giving you the play-by-play details, you have to know the game was completely awesome. Double overtime and we won. WE WON! DOUBLE OVERTIME! Jeff called right after the victory, and all I could hear was cheering and celebrating. I so wish I was there, but I'm going to savor sitting here in my bare feet living in the moment of hearing it all go down over the internet. Thank you Lord for live radio. Oh, and I apologize Mom and Dad for calling you at 11:00 pm to share the good news. Thank you for putting up with me and my insane love for football. GO JACKETS!

2 comments:

ladymann said...

I have NO idea who you are, but I saw your page on a friend's page and for some reason saw football stuff- so I decided to read it. You are like my twin! My husband is a football coach, so we are a huge football family and insanely in love with the game. I just though it was cute to see another female that is as into it as I am! Good Luck with your teams and have great Holidays!
Brandi

side o' sarcasm, please said...

how on earth did you manage THREE BLOGS in one night?!

impressive, jod. impressive.

congrats to the jackets. only in texas is h.s. ball this exciting. wait. maybe it's just anyplace outside blackwell. yeh, that's probably it.