Straight From the Pits of Dwell

Let the words of Christ dwell in you richly...Colossians 3:16

Saturday, October 11, 2008

A night to remember


You know how they say all little girls dream about their wedding day from the time they are little bitty until that day actually arrives? Well....it is SO TRUE! Last night when I was tucking Reese into bed we were talking about this little boy, Lane, who she says is her boyfriend. She said, "Mommy, I'm going to have a wedding. I'm going to have a pretty dress and Mommy...can I wear high heels???" It was the sweetest thing I had ever heard. And as soon as she said it, I realized we had just made a precious memory. I said, "Of course, Reese! You can absolutely wear high heels!" Then she said, "Maybe I'll wear my slippers, or maybe my tennis shoes!" Then we just started giggling about how funny her pink tennis shoes would look with her pretty wedding dress. I came out to the living room and told her Daddy, well..our little girl is already dreaming of her big day! When I explained, he looked like a ton of bricks hit him. Makes me think of that song Butterfly Kisses, which by the way, I heard this past week and balled! Man, that one is a toughie. I only got emotional because I knew my own dad had listened to it the week before and mom said before the first few words started on the song, he was already crying. There is something so special, so irreplaceable about that daughter/daddy relationship. Priceless.

No comments: